Wednesday 29 April 2015

QEF implementations for C++/GLSL and OpenCL

I've created a github repo to hold QEF implementations. The repo currently contains a version created by Leonard Ritter (@paniq) which is a stripped down version of the original implementation by /u/unzret from my previous post. I've also forked that to create an OpenCL version, and added that to the repo too.

These implementations are completely free for any purpose which is an improvement over the reference implementation's license (which was free for non-commercial use). Moreover, this implementation is suitable for use on the GPU which is a technical improvement on the reference version.

I know a lot of people reading this blog are using C# so perhaps someone wants to contribute a C# port? Ideally the repo would be a single resource for QEF code so no one else ever has to write it!

8 comments:

  1. I have a c# port of your sample implementation, built with Unity. I haven't gotten seams working yet, its nearly an exact port of the sample. But i'd be more than willing to donate it to the cause. As I improve or get additional features working I can update the repo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice one! Well you can either send a pull request on github or email me the code and I'll add it to the repo.

      Delete
    2. You should have an email with the code, and a unity package. You can add the unity package to your sample code, and the code to your qef repo.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I cannot see the C# port on the github. Is it somewhere else? Or you can email it directly to me at nils.fremming (a) online.no. I'm interested having a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I've not actually received the C# version yet as far as I can see (can't find it in my email). I'll be sure to post it when I do get it.

      Delete
  3. Interesting! It looks like Google may have thought my code was dangerous and deleted the zips out of the email. I'll attempt a pull request from the repo. Maybe that will be a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. I'm apparently an idiot when it comes to GitHub, but I finally got a repo up and a good commit working. (I've always used BitBucket in the past). I still have no clue how to use the pull requests! LOL!

    Anyway! Nick, feel free to copy paste any of that into your own repo.

    https://github.com/tuckbone/DualContouringCSharp

    ReplyDelete